First things first, we want to share a big "THANK YOU" to each and every one of you that have read our blog this past year! Aria and I have had so much fun and we are beyond grateful for every like, comment, high-five and all of your support. We're so excited for some new projects and adventures in 2018 and can't wait to share them with you!
We're kicking off this new year with our first official brand collaboration! Darrell Lee is an Australian confectionery that has been around since 1927 and they make the most delicious soft eating liquorice chews that are made with real liquorice extract, are 98% fat free and do not include any genetically modified ingredients, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, preservatives or sweeteners!
I know, when you think of treats or snacks, liquorice (the proper Australian form of "licorice") probably isn't the first thing to come to mind, but as a type 1 diabetic of 25+ years and a health food loving Mama, I'm a huge fan of natural treats versus artificially flavored and colored candies. Plus, Aria totally loves them! My husband, who is one if the pickiest eaters I've ever met, snuck a bag from us and said "I can't stop eating these... and I don't even like liquorice!"
So far Aria's favorite flavors are the strawberry and green apple! Yum!
(Aria's hat is from KaPow Kids Clothing - another awesome Australian brand!)
So whether you're on the go or chillin at home, these Darrell Lea liquorice chews make a perfect snack! They're available at many retailers including Target, Walgreens, Whole Foods and World Market, so give them a try and let us know what you think!
Now for some resolutions! What are your biggest goals this year? Since we'll be growing our family, most of my goals involve prepping and planning for baby, but there are a few other things I'd like to achieve!
Here are our Top 5 New Years Resolutions for 2018:
My Top 5:
1. Create more, buy less. Create more music, more memories, more art, more love, more smiles!
2. Visit 3 new places. Our family babymoon to Calgary/Banff is already planned, but honestly, I'd love to see more of Texas and the surrounding states!
3. Enter a competition. A judged art show, photography exhibition, a short film fest, something! I'd really like to challenge myself to compete in something this year!
4. Learn to play a badass guitar solo. We have 10 guitars in our home. I should be rocking some serious Slash solos by now!
5. Live a more minimalist lifestyle, aka declutter. I don't want to bring in or keep anything in our home that isn't functional or meaningful. Less stuff = less stress!
Aria's Top 5:
1. Learn a new instrument. FLUTE!!!
2. Spend more time at the park with Mommy. And less time watching Netflix!
3. Go on 5 trips!
4. Make lots of friends!
5. Be the best Big Sister Ever!
Happy New Year's Y'all! Here's to making 2018 Full of Bright!
Aimey + Aria
(*We received product in exchange for this post. All opinions are our own.This post also contains affiliate links and we receive compensation for clicks and purchases if you use these links. 100% of profits from this blog go to Aria's education fund!)